WordPress.com has a feature called “pages” which allows you to easily create web pages. For example, you could add an “about me” page with your biography, and a link to that page would be automatically added to your sidebar. You can even create an entire web site using pages on WordPress.com, with a custom home page and your blog as one of the sub-pages.
- Twitter integration allows you to tweet a link to your post and show your latest tweets directly on your site.
- Mobile view makes your website look good on todays mobile devices such as the iPhone, Blackberry and Droid.
- Post by email allows you to send an email with or without pictures and attachments to a secret address and have it show up on your website immediately.
- Polls can be added using the PollDaddy integration.
- Stats integration will give you up-to-the-minute stats on how many people are visiting your site.
- Email Subscriptions, emails can be sent out to your users with your latest post.
- RSS feeds allow people to get your content through an RSS reader, such as Google reader.
- Video can be added using YouTube, Blip.tv or Vimeo.
And much more.
How much does it cost?
The new WordPress.com solution for IEA local association websites is free. If you would like to upgrade your URL (address) to a custom domain name from mylocal.wordpress.org to mylocal.org this is a premium feature.